Herbal remedies for arthritis is a different, although not less potent treatment to alleviate the symptoms of this condition. There are numerous pharmacological medications to treat arthritis, sure, but not all of them are ideal treatments.
Arthritis refers to the inflammation of the joints. It is a chronic illness that a sufferer has to deal with for the rest of his or her life. The usual cartilages that support the connection of the bones deteriorate for some reason. Because of that, the bones rub together when you move and this causes an unbearable pain to happen to the body.
There are different types of arthritis. The most common of which are:
This is what happens to elderly people. As we get older, the soft padding in between the bones deteriorates. This is the normal aging cycle. Bad habits and poor diet can cause the fast deterioration of the soft padding. The two bones are now free to rub to each other, thereby causing pain and inflammation.
Arthritis can also weaken younger people. This is called Rheumatoid arthritis. In this condition, the body is the one destroying the tendons and the ligaments that protect the bones. It is usually an autoimmune disease wherein the immune system is the one that attacks the soft padding of the bones. As a result, the joints and the bones inflame.
This has been previously known as the “rich man’s disease”. This is caused by the accumulation of uric acid in the joints. This acid turns into crystals. Because of that, the joints become inflamed. This problem usually develops on the big toe, the elbows and the knees. It is commonly caused by excessive accumulation of rich and fatty foods.
When the body is exposed to cold temperature, the symptoms of this condition get worse. If you feel chronic joint pains especially when you are walking or making physical movements, this problem could already be developing. The pain in the joints is most distinct in the morning. You might also hear popping of joints. You can also start to see redness and inflammation.
How Do We Treat Arthritis
There are various ways to treat this condition. There are prescription drugs that can be used to alleviate the inflammation. However, if you are looking for treatments that will not only improve arthritis but will also improve your health as a whole, you should consider the following treatments:
- Make sure you eat foods rich in proteins, vitamins and minerals. Stay away from fatty foods as they usually turn into uric acid. You should also ingest Calcium for stronger bone structure.
- Drink omega-3 fatty acid supplements. This is an alternative treatment to this condition. Omega-3 fatty acids contain DHA and EPA that can help lessen any form of inflammation in the body. Its inflammatory effect can even surpass that of pharmacological drugs. Ask your doctor about the right brand and dosage of omega-3 fatty acid to use. This nutrient is better taken from fish oil.
- Exercise moderately. It is still better to loosen up the tightness in your joints through exercise. But if you are already suffering from this condition, do a low-key exercise. Simple walks in the park can help improve your condition.
- Drink lots of water. Water will help purge out harmful toxins in your body. This will also nourish your ligaments and cartilages so they will remain strong and resistant to wear and tear.
There are also helpful herbal remedies for arthritis. You can try incorporating the following in your routine:
- Increase your garlic intake. Garlic contains anti-inflammatory properties. Take at least 2-3 slices of garlic everyday to somehow alleviate joint inflammation.
- Add one teaspoon of turmeric to your glass of water. Turmeric is one example of Ayurvedic herbal remedies for arthritis.
- Take guggul, one of the effective Ayurvedic herbal remedies for arthritis, right after meals. This contains anti inflammatory benefits as well.
- Also try taking reading books that contain herbal remedies for arthritis such as a product called “The Lost Book of Herbal Remedies by Dr. Nicole Apelian”. This information provided in the eBook is capable of enhancing the mobility of joints and muscles. It makes your movements pain-free and fluid. This also works in improving the health of your cartilage and connective tissues.
- Herbal Remedies for Body Odor: Natural Ways to Rid of Unpleasant Smell - August 29, 2020
- Herbal Remedies Tips for Arthritis – Eliminate Pain Easily - August 29, 2020
- Herbal Remedies for Anxiety: Control Your Emotions with Herbal Remedies - August 28, 2020